Friday, September 14, 2012

The Fairy Ring

     There's nothing better than a bunch of friends getting together is there.  :-)  Well this group of little fairies have decided to dance and according to folklore, mushroom "fairy rings" will appear wherever they cut the rug.  :-)  This beautiful image was drawn by the amazing Tammy Thompson of A Day For Daisies.  It is one of many in the September's Club Kit. You can find all the particulars about the club kits right here.  Here's the whole kit.
      This card may look pretty simple but it was a LOT of work.  For the base panel I cut two of the Nestie Romantic Rectangles and then pieced them to create a larger panel.  I think I need one of those metal shims for this die cause I have a hard time getting it to cut all the way through on my Cuttlebug.  Next came a layered mat of cream cardstock and Prima DP.  I hand stitched around the edge with DMC embroidery thread.  Across the center I added a piece of gauzy ribbon and then my image panel.  The image was colored with Copics.  I stink at pleats, but I gave it a try  The background is chalked and I added some white gel pen to the mushroom spots.
     This week starts a new challenge at the ADFD blog and we want to see you either create a tag or add one on your project.  Since the image I chose is pretty large I created a card and added a tag.  I used part of the image on the tag and added a beautiful sentiment from Create with TLC.  I colored a small piece of seam binding with some Dusty Concord Distress Stain and muted the color with some water for my tag pull.  Here's a close up.

     Hope you'll come join in the fun.  Remember, Tammy always offers a freebie so everyone can play.  Sadly we're bidding a farewell this week to our wonderful Lori Boyd.  This super duper talented lady is such an inspiration to me (and my source of obsession with stipling when I'm brave enough to try it).
     I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Sarah Hurley Challenge--something magical
Digi Doodles Shop--anything goes
DigiStamps4Joy--colors of spring
Flutterby Wednesday--use your fave color with a butterfly or fairy
Word Art Wednesday--encouraging or uplifting sentiment
Crafty Cardmakers--winged things
Make It Monday--anything goes
Corrosive--myth and magic

     Have a great Friday!


Supplies

  • Paper:  Kraft Outlet Light Kraft, Prima "Botanical", Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card
  • Stamp:  A Day For Daisies "Fairy Ring", sentiment from Create with TLC
  • Ink:  Copics, Dusty Concord Distress Stain, Sakura White gel pen
  • Tools:  Nestabilities Labels Eight and Romantic Rectangles, EK Success Corner Rounder
  • Miscellaneous:  Snug hug seam binding, Kraft Outlet Grungy Prim Tag, Recollections pearls, Inkadinkado Blending Chalks, DMS embroidery floss, Celebrate It ribbon

42 comments:

Kim said...

fantastic card Tracy, gorgeous image and just love that layout! it looks stunning!
have a good weekend!
Kim x

Anja said...

Hi Tracy,
Beautiful card! I love the Nestie panel and the little tag. And your hand stitching adds a special note.
Hugs, Anja

Audrey Pettit said...

Wowzers! Gorgeous card, Tracy! I LOVE the fancy edging to this card, and your coloring is just out of this world, once again. Really adore the tag behind the image, too!

Sue said...

Stunning card Tracy. I love the image and your colouring is so beautiful. The tag is gorgeous too.

hugs Sue

Unknown said...

Oh my Tracy, I love this enchanting card. The seam binding, gorgeous papers and detail are a treat in themselves but your colored image really makes this card a winner. It puts a smile on my face. :-) Hugs

Ros Crawford said...

How beautiful and whimsical this is ... impeccable as always

~Tammy~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tracy!

heidy said...

This is beautiful Tracy!!!
XXX Heidy

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card and tag, Tracy! Exceptional coloring of the images! Love that Nestie card base, too!

Renee B. said...

My goodness Tracy, this is so gorgeous!!! The image is adorable but what you have done with it is amazing! I've said this before but I wish I could get inside your head for for a little visit! LOL
Hugs, Renee

Maria Therese said...

Beauuuuuuuutiful card!

Heide said...

Fantastic card! Lovely image. Saw you on MIM.
Hugs, Heide

Julie said...

How lovely! Thanks for joining us in our last challenge at Digi Doodle shop's Challenges
Hugs,
Julie

Fleur said...

Truly magical
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Oh, so incredibly pretty and down right sweeter than sugar!! Love everything about it and the tag is just the perfect addition :)

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card, the image is magical. Love the colours and design. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! Just so beautiful! I was happy to see you at my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge! Thanks for playing along!

Angela B. said...

Tracy your card is STUNNING! Absolutely gorgeous! Very nice! Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy.

Angela(DT Member)

Denice said...

There is nothing easy about this stunning card....beauty doesn't come easy and this card is beautiful! Wonderful image and coloring!
Thanks for joining and playing along with us at Flutter By Wednesday this week!
:Dxx

Karen Letchworth said...

Tracy: This is simply stunning. As soon as I saw the thumbnail, I knew it was adorable. But when I saw the entire picture, it really made me light up! How lovely, and that little tag with the scripture on it is perfect. I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for sharing this with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I not only LOVE having you play along, I also APPRECIATE IT. We need your participation, and I want you to know that I praised God for your participation and prayed for you as well. Please know that my grateful is very genuine, and I prayed that you will be blessed through sharing your art with us, Tracy. Hope you're having a very blessed week.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Charlene said...

This card is gorgeous Tracy...love the way you coloured that fun image...would love to see what you could do with one of ours :D And your border punch is such a wonderful frame for the whole thing. Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy Colours of Spring Challenge....good luck ~ Charlene DS4J DT

Kim Ferguson (Paper Crafting) said...

Beautiful blog and card. I love your creation. Aren’t challenges a blast?! Saw your card on MIM, hope to see you here again. Kim 

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really gorgeous and you can see a lot of work has gone into it. I think you have coloured the pleats great. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges for our very last Challenge and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Anneke said...

Such a sweet card Tracy! Hugs Anneke

Lisa Minckler said...

OMG..you crack me up! "This may look pretty simple..." LOL! Are you kidding me? Detailed out the wazoo and ornate enough to gift to a queen and finding a compliment worthy of your time and talent is nearly impossible! Hand stitiching that looks better than a machine, coloring is superb (even the pleats) and what a glorious layout. Holy Toledo Hick, I'm nearly almost speechless...LOL..(we both know that won't happen until pigs fly).
Huge hugs to you and thank you for the inspiration and envy! Hee hee :)
Twang

Unknown said...

Your fluttery fairies are most magical Tracy, they are the elegant inhabitants of a beautiful realm, which you've created all by yourself. Love your card, that edging is gorgeous!! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

Love this image my friend and you coloring is awesome as usual. Such a wonderful card.

Hugs~

Denise said...

Tracy this card was definitely worth all that hard work - it is gorgeous. Love, love, love that fairy image.
Thanks for joining us for our last challenge over at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.
Hugs
Denise xx

Heidi said...

Wow this is stunning!
Beautiful colours and design:)
Lovely image and your colouring is fantastic.
Have a great Sunday, hugs:)

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Tracy! I love the surround and what a good idee to use two nesties for is. I thought is was some new die! A lovely and sweet image and fab colouring! The sentiment is so sweet as well!! hugs, Marlies

Anonymous said...

I absolutely fell in love with this beauty as soon as I saw it.Beautiful image , your coloring is amazing and your attention to detail outstanding. Just perfect for my winged things challenge at Crafty Cardmakers, thanks so much for taking part and with two outstanding entries. Am off now to become a follower so i don't miss anything !

Marie

Ivonne said...

Gorgeous card Tracy! The image is so lovely and the coloring is perfect as always. Love the colors and the cute tag! Thanks for the kind comments you always left in my blog and thanks for being an inspiration to me and others. Sometimes I spend hours just looking at your AMAZING creations!! You are amazingly talented! Have a great Sunday! Hugs, Ivonne

Lynne Armstrong said...

This is totally beautiful Tracy. I love fairies & mushrooms, so it's a winner for me :) And of course your card is perfectly put together...you're the queen of card construction IMO lol
Hugs xx

ursula Uphof said...

Such a delightful card Tracy and so beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining our challenge at
Digistamps4Joy this week and hope to see you back next week, maybe using one of ours,Good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT member
My Crafting Corner

Mary J said...

Gorgeous! I love this Tracy - your colouring is stunning as usual!

Nancy said...

Ooh...Such pretty, pretty coloring on this one! Love the verse you used! Beautiful card, my friend! :o)

Geri said...

Oh, my...I'm behind! This is such a delicate and absolutely lovely card, my friend!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

Gorgeous card.
Thanks for join us at DigiStamp4Joy.

Greetings karin DT member

fatmonica said...

It's so beautiful.The images are gorgeous.Thanks for sharing it at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Your fairies card is beautiful, Tracy! So much amazing detail! I can see why it took you soooooo much time to make it. But the result was worth it. Beautiful!
Happy Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Bettina L. said...

Wow this looks absolutely fantastic and I love the design with the punched corners, sewing, tag and your stunning colouring. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop Challenge final challenge and good luck. Bettina xx

Clare Brown said...

so pretty..goodluck at sarah hurley challenges